How to clean, refresh and hide scratches in your wooden floors using only tea
You probably already knew that tea is good for your body. What you may not have known is that with this you can make your wooden floors even brighter!
Wondering how the words “tea” and “wooden floors” fit into the same sentence? So, it’s time to learn that the tannins contained in tea retain and enhance the natural, warm color of the wood. But apart from the fact that it makes wood look more beautiful, tea contains polyphenols that inhibit the growth of germs.
What you will need
5 lt water
8 tea bags
How to do it step by step
- Fill a saucepan with 2 lt of water and bring to a boil.
- Put the tea in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the tea to cool and add the remaining water.
- Once cool, dip a cloth in the liquid solution. Drain the cloth very well and then apply it tentatively on a small area of the floor with your movements following the “water” of the wood.
- If the solution passes the test, you can repeat the same process over the entire surface of the floor you want to clean, using a mop. Do not forget to drain it well and use the tea solution sparingly, as the wood is good not to absorb large amounts of water. Finally, be sure to apply the solution even to damaged areas of the hardwood floor. Tea will improve their appearance.
Note: If your floor is light, use 3-5 tea bags instead of 8 to make your own blend. Similarly, if your floor is very dark, do not hesitate to increase the dosage to 10 bags of tea.
Images via: Pinterest