Gardening tips: How to grow chilies at home in a pot easily
Growing a chili plant from seed can be a fun and easy endeavor. Germinate chili seeds at a warm, consistent temperature and use light compost to sprout seedlings. Carefully transfer a seedling to a small pot, keeping it warm and watered. Upgrade pots as the plant grow or transfer them to your garden if the weather is warm enough. Pick chillis off of your plant regularly as a flavorful addition to your meals.
How to grow bell peppers in a pot
How to do it
- Harvest mature chilies from the plant
- Cut and open fresh chilies and extract seeds from them
- Take a small pot with drainage holes at the bottom, cover holes with small stones and fill it with the potting mix
- Moisten the potting mix before sow your seeds
- Sprinkle the seeds over the potting mix and make sure that do not overlap
- Cover the seeds with a thin layer of the same potting mix
- Seeds will start to germinate after 8-12 days+
- When the seedlings have 3-4 true leaves (after 25 days) you can transplant them to the final location
- After 72 days you can harvest chilies and use them in your meals.
How to grow the most beautiful and delicious fruits and vegetables in hanging baskets
Images via: Pinterest
Check the following video for a step by step guide