Wood is an extremely versatile material that can be used in a lot of projects. The ideas that we present to you today are projects for your garden, but your imagination must not stop here. Wood can be used in home decorations as well as in sophisticated furniture.
Wood, this natural material that comes from woody plants, is used around the world. Before letting you in the photo gallery, we’ve prepared some interesting curiosities about it, which we are convinced you did not know.
Curiosity about the most popular material – wood
1. Did you know that the country with the largest forest area in Europe is Finland? Well, no more, no less than 70% of its territory is occupied by forests.
2. If I told you which country is the largest area of forests, we are convinced that you are curious and which is the country with the smallest forest area. It is the UK, the country that is occupied only 6% with forests. Impressive, right?
3. And if we are talking about wood, forests and trees, did you know that the tallest tree in the world grows in the American state of California? It’s called the sequoia and it’s about 111m.
4. If we are at the “extreme” chapter, you must know that the easiest wood in the world is the Balsa. This wood comes from the tree of the same name, a tree that grows in Mexico, but also in the West of North America. Most people know that the cork is very easy. As a comparison, wood from the Balsa tree is 4 times lighter than the cork tree.
5. Wood resistance can be compared to that of steel, so precious is this material. Wood longevity is compared with that of stones. This is why this material is preferred by many of us, even by these wealthy imaginative people who have done 19 great projects.