Here is a perfect handmade gift for your friends or a nice rustic decoration for your home. This wooden wall clock takes minimal tools and materials to make. You just need a good looking wood slice a clock mechanism, clock hands, a drill and a wood burning tool. You can also use some paint to make it even more beautiful and stylish.
here’s what you’ll need:
-small wood disk
-scissors or x-acto blade
-clock mechanism and AA battery
-larger sized clock hands (optional, depending on the size of your wood disk)
-wood burning tool
-red enamel paint
-small foam brushes
-power drill and drill bits
-220 grit sandpaper
1. lightly sand the surface of the wood disk and the metal clock hands with your sandpaper.
2. apply two coats of enamel to the hands with a foam brush, allowing them to dry completely between coats.
3. choose a favorite font and print out numbers from your computer that measure approximately 1″. we decided to keep it simple and just use the number 12 on our clock.
4. cut out the numbers and use as templates to trace onto your wood plaque with a pencil.
5. using the finest tip on your wood burning tool, burn the outline of the number onto your plaque, taking care not to burn your fingers!
6. drill a hole in the center of the plaque using the appropriate sized drill bit.
7. in a well-ventilated area, apply two coats of polyurethane to the wood, allowing it to dry completely between coats.
8. turn the disk over and insert the clock mechanism into your pre-drilled hole.
9. following the instructions in the kit, attach the hour, minute and second hands to the clock mechanism.
10. set the time and hang it on the wall.
Referense: designsponge.com & shelterness.com